My motto for the 28-Day Challenge is "Healthy Weight by Day 28!" Down three pounds in week one; with three weeks and seven pounds to go. I think I should make it! After a few false starts this year I may have finally turned things back around!
I fell behind on posting my daily recaps. Here are some highlights:
- I invented the Luscious Purple Power Smoothie (recipe here)! Great breakfast with a hard-boiled egg, but it's so thick and cold you can't drink it fast! You might even need a spoon!
|Allow extra time to avoid|
- Marinated Tomato and Mozzarella Pasta for lunch, Days 5-7 (recipe here).
- A whole week with no cheez-its and no peanut butter snack crackers! (You'd have to have been a bug on the wall in my office to know how overboard I was going with this, and if you did know I would be very embarrassed!)
- Four out of five work days without visiting the office peanut bowl. Again, that wouldn't be an issue if I could do like everyone else and eat one or two at a time. I take handfuls, and make multiple trips! (Or should I say, "I used to . . .?)
- Four out of five work days without potato chips. Unfortunately, I visited the peanut bowl and ate the potato chips on the same day, but thanks to my long run on Saturday I had the activity points to spare!
- Only one serious after-dinner binge - at least all those pistachios were unsalted!
- Plenty of cardio (but that's never been a problem for me): 226 minutes running, 150 minutes walking and 120 minutes of aerobics!
- Workout of the week 4X and several workouts from The RUNiverse 30-day Bodyweight Strength Challenge.
|Week 1 WOW!|
Coming Up in Week 2
- Still trying to wait until lunch time to eat lunch! Might make it easier to stay away from the peanut bowl and vending machine mid-afternoon - LOL!
- 15K race on Saturday, and then a break from running. Hoping to do some early morning lap swimming!
This challenge seems to be just what I needed!
Thanks for reading!