Thursday, May 1, 2014

#28FitDays - Day 1 Recap, Day 2 Plan

This morning I weighed in and confirmed that it's feasible to fulfill my motto for this challenge:  Healthy Weight by Day 28!  Based on the BMI chart, I'm 10 pounds above the upper limit of my healthy weight.  I should be able to take care of that in 28 days!

Day 1 Recap

Successes

  • Made it to the gym by 6 am for a one hour workout! 


Used the Speed Interval button on the treadmill to set up my Fartleks. Run speed-7.0 mph; Jog speed 5.3 mph 20X 1/1
With 5-minute warmup and cooldown, total treadmill time = 30 minutes.






A plank minute has both beat!
Next I did 15 tricep dips and 2 60-second planks. 










        Took a selfie during my stretch break.



Then moved on to the WOW exercises.
 See me reaching for my feet for the final Pilates roll-up/forward fold.  Then, finally, my favorite - the True Stretch cage!  Done by 7 am!




  • Stuck to my menu plan, with the addition of a mini-bag of 94% fat free microwave popcorn mid-afternoon.  Not the cleanest food there is, but it's my emergency alternative to Cheeze-its or multiple handfuls of salted peanuts.  Maybe I won't need a mid-afternoon snack if I don't keep eating my lunch and all my planned snacks before 11 am! 
  • Dinner was a palm-sized piece of grilled pork loin and half a plate full of cooked spinach.  I skipped the rice and allowed myself a 4-oz glass of red wine.  Nothing after dinner.  I'm hungry!

What I Can Do Better

I've already done half of it!  It's to get my morning workout clothes and my work clothes ready before bed.  The workout clothes are ready; the work clothes not so much but since tomorrow is casual Friday, it won't be hard.
 

Day 2 Plan

Menu:  Breakfast, lunch and snacks the same as today.  I'll try to eat my lunch later, drink more water and maybe skip the popcorn.  Yogurt with breakfast instead of ricotta cheese.
 
Cardio:  40-50 minute "easy run."  Hoping to do it outside.  It's lighter in the morning now, will be about 45-degrees, and if I'm lucky it won't be raining!
 
Toning:  Will do the WOW again, along with Day 22 of the Runner's Strength Challenge:  35 walking lunges and 2 sets of 11 pushups.
 
Happy Friday!  If you're in this with me, leave a comment about your Day 1!

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment