Saturday, May 3, 2014

#28FitDays - Day 2

Day 2

Day 2 of the Challenge was a success!

Cardio:  The training plan for next week's 15K said "Easy Run, 40-50 minutes."  Running is hardly ever easy for me no matter how much I do, and my feet were sore because (as I finally figured out) the most recent shoes I've been wearing are all wrong for me.  I ran outside in the morning before work and completed 3.9 miles in 47:30ish, with no walk breaks.  Did the walking lunges from my 30-day runner's challenge and "running the tires" from the WOW as part of my cool-down walk because I didn't think of it on time do them with my warm-up.

Toning:  Did the remaining three WOW exercises (Skiers Squats, Bird-Dog Push-Ups and Pilates Roll-Up with Forward Fold).

Breakfast:  Planned an egg sandwich, but felt more like a smoothie.  The Power Smoothie on Day 3 looked good, but I made some substitutions based on what I had on hand and ended up with this:

 
Power Smoothie, Hobby-Runner Style
 
1 frozen banana
8 oz unsweetened almond-coconut milk
1 oz vanilla protein powder
1 Tbsp rolled oats
4 ice cubes

 It was delicious - thick and cold like a milk shake, just the way I like it - and it filled me right up (until 10:30, anyway)!
 
Lunch:  Tuna sandwich, same as Day 1.  Based on the Open-Faced Tuna Sandwich from Day 3, but on a whole-wheat sandwich thin to make it easier to wrap and take to work!  Once again, my sandwich called me before 11:00 and I didn't resist.  Strawberries instead of cherries.
 
Snacks:  1 Sargento reduced fat sharp cheddar string cheese, 1 apple, 15 unsalted pistachios in the shell - all of which I ate before noon.  Mid-afternoon, I had a mini-bag of 94% fat free microwave popcorn.  Around 4:00, I had my biggest success of the day as I walked another bag of popcorn to the microwave, and then turned around and walked it, unopened, back to my desk!  Yay, me!
 
Dinner:  My husband had made whole-wheat linguini with a clam sauce during the week, and we had the leftovers with salad.  I'm tracking Weight-Watchers points, and I was under the target minimum, so I ate extra.  I thought that worked out well since I was planning a long run the next morning.  Didn't have any wine, again because of my running plans for the next morning.
 
Dessert:  I'm actually trying to break the habit of eating after dinner, but I was hungry even after the extra pasta so I had a banana.
 
How is everyone else doing with the meal planning?  What substitutions have you made?
 

No comments:

Post a Comment