Thursday, May 8, 2014

#28FitDays - Week One is a Success!

I'm happy!

Recap


My motto for the 28-Day Challenge is "Healthy Weight by Day 28!"  Down three pounds in week one; with three weeks and seven pounds to go. I think I should make it!  After a few false starts this year I may have finally turned things back around!

I fell behind on posting my daily recaps.  Here are some highlights:

  • I invented the Luscious Purple Power Smoothie (recipe here)!  Great breakfast with a hard-boiled egg, but it's so thick and cold you can't drink it fast!  You might even need a spoon!
Allow extra time to avoid
brain-freeze!

  • Marinated Tomato and Mozzarella Pasta for lunch, Days 5-7 (recipe here).
 

  • A whole week with no cheez-its and no peanut butter snack crackers!  (You'd have to have been a bug on the wall in my office to know how overboard I was going with this, and if you did know I would be very embarrassed!)




  • Four out of five work days without visiting the office peanut bowl.  Again, that wouldn't be an issue if I could do like everyone else and eat one or two at a time.  I take handfuls, and make multiple trips!  (Or should I say, "I used to . . .?)



  • Four out of five work days without potato chips.  Unfortunately, I visited the peanut bowl and ate the potato chips on the same day, but thanks to my long run on Saturday I had the activity points to spare! 



  • Only one serious after-dinner binge - at least all those pistachios were unsalted!

  • Plenty of cardio (but that's never been a problem for me):  226 minutes running, 150 minutes walking and 120 minutes of aerobics!

Week 1 WOW!

Coming Up in Week 2

  • Still trying to wait until lunch time to eat lunch!  Might make it easier to stay away from the peanut bowl and vending machine mid-afternoon - LOL!

  • 15K race on Saturday, and then a break from running.  Hoping to do some early morning lap swimming!

This challenge seems to be just what I needed! 

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment