Saturday, May 3, 2014

#28FitDays - Day 3

Day 3

Day 3 of the Challenge and one week to go before my 15K race!  I got up early to try to do everything the same way I hope to do it on race day, so here is my morning in the order that I did it:

Breakfast:  A banana and two whole-wheat bagel thins with the tiniest amounts possible of Olivio spread and low-sugar orange marmalade.  This isn't like any of the breakfasts in the plan, but I always eat a bagel on race days!  (BTW, in terms of Weight Watchers points, two bagel thins equal two-thirds of one Bruegger's bagel.)

Pre-Cardio:  One-mile walk and 20-minutes of yoga, just to get the muscles warm and loose.

Cardio:  Ten-mile run, with walk breaks, ratio 3:45 running/0:45 walking.  Covered ten miles in almost exactly 2 hours.  Look at all the "activity points" I got for that!

Almost a whole day's worth of extra points!
Lunch:  Tuna salad made with light mayonnaise, on a whole-wheat sandwich thin.  Two large strawberries.

Snack:  Apple slices with 1/4-cup of fat-free ricotta cheese as a dip.

Dinner:  Half of a Newman's Own Thin & Crispy Margherita Pizza, salad with a light garlic-balsamic dressing and 8 oz. of red wine.  It's Saturday night and I earned it!

Dessert:  A banana.

I don't have a plan for tomorrow.  Breakfast at my sister-in-law's house will probably be some kind of pastry, Danish or muffin, and dinner will be whatever DHR decides to make.  Might not be a clean-eating day, so portion-control will be important.

No cardio scheduled tomorrow - I think I did enough today!

Is anyone else training for or doing a race during the challenge?

No comments:

Post a Comment